Here’s The ScoopOur goal is to help you make the most money from you fashionable closet! Here at FlairTRADE, we are looking for your gently worn, quality designer clothing and accessories for ladies and gentlemen. We accept mid-level mall (Loft, Ann Taylor, Talbots, White House Black Market, etc…), high-end and designer brands that have been available in stores during the past THREE years (with the exception of select luxury designer handbags). Find our Brand Guidelines here.
New to Consignment? Need to brush up on the basics?Here are the Who, What, Where, When and How to consign your items with us. Find our Five Basics to Consigning here.
Easy Tips To Follow
- All items must be laundered, pressed and on hangers
- Please inspect items for any staining, rips, missing buttons, broken zippers, etc.. as we will be unable to consider them
- Give your shoes a quick wipe down and a polish to spruce them up. Make sure to bend them and scan for any dry rotting (hey, it happens)
- Inspect handbags, cases and pockets for any personal items, dust bunnies, loose change (You wouldn’t believe the goodies we find)
- Place shoes, handbags and accessories in a tub, basket, bin or tote bag to keep your items together in the consignment area.
- Polish any sterling silver and stones to make them shine! Inspect pieces for any missing stones or broken clasps.
So Now What?Consignment is OPEN Monday- Friday 10:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M and the 1st Saturday of every month from 10:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. (except on holidays.) APPOINTMENTS ARE NOW NECESSARY TO ENSURE SOCIAL DISTANCING! You can book on our Appointments Page of our website found here. Drive around into the back parking lot at the dry cleaner and drive straight to the BLACK and RED FlairTRADE door. No need to knock, just walk in! Always allow 30 minutes to diligently inspect your items and we ask you do not arrive past 4:30 P.M.
- Please allow up to 7 business days to price your items. Once items are priced you will be able to see them in your online account and they will be placed properly on the sales floor. Many items are selected to be featured on our online store and/or our live videos on social media.
- As a consignor, you have FULL access to your account online at anytime at NO extra charge.
- Our consignment period is 63 days.
- Consignors receive 40% of the selling price.
- Money can be accessed in THREE ways:
- Cash up to $30.00 anytime the store is open,
- Any amount, at any time, as store credit which earns an additional 10%, or
- Checks are cut on the 1st of the month on accounts that Are over $50.00. Checks are available within 7 business days.
What Season Are We In?
Currently, we are accepting SPRING consignments.
SUMMER - Will begin closer to April.
Our day-to-day routine might be different these days but our LOVE for SPRING fashion is strong! CASUAL is key! What we are wearing has been streamlined into a more casual, laid back wardrobe and we want to accept pieces we are confident will sell. Due to current events of the continuation of working from home, virtual learning and smaller affairs, we want to take what you are looking for!
Some of our best selling brands for ladies in fall are Chico’s, White House Black Market, Loft, Ann Taylor, Free People, and Banana Republic.
The Pantone Spring/Summer colors for 2021 are: Marigold, Cerulean, Rust, Illuminating, FrenchBlue, Green Ash, Burnt Coral, Mint, Amethyst Orchid and Raspberry Sorbet.
The BEST part is 4 Classic Core Colors continue to be highlighted: Almond Oil, Blue Depths, Sleet and a MUST HAVE NOW ALL YEAR - Military Olive.
For more information on this, please visit:
So, what does that mean?
Tops: Long sleeve tops brighter shades and patterns with light to medium weight. Lightweight cardigans, layering pieces, ¾ sleeve length tops, and popovers.
Bottoms: Full length, ankle pants, and joggers in bright colors and patterns, jeans and shorter skirts.
Please remember that we do take pants and bottoms selectively.
Activewear: Capri, full length pants/leggings and shorts, short sleeve and tank tops, windbreakers, light jackets, pop-overs and sneakers.
Shoes: Flats, casual sneakers, slingbacks, heels, peep toe styles, mules and wedges.
We are no longer accepting fall/winter coats and jackets, tall boots or dark ankle boots, winter accessories and heavy sweaters.
Although we will take some casual dresses, we are currently not accepting any special occasion or formal dresses.
We do not accept prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses or wedding gowns at any time.
WE NEED YOUR MENSWEAR!
Some of our best selling brands for gentlemen in fall are J. Crew, Banana Republic, Nautica, Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, Greg Norman and Peter Millar.
Selectively accepting Men’s suits and sportscoats.
Tops: Long & short sleeve casual tops, graphic tees, and polo(including golf) tops in brighter shades, plaids and patterns.
Athletic Wear: Long pants, shorts, short and long sleeves, and golf wear! Adidas, Reebok, Nike, Under Armour, and Lululemon also sell very well.
Bottoms: Full length casual pants, shorts and denim.
Shoes: Sneakers, oxfords, loafers and sandals.