Here’s The ScoopOur goal is to help you make the most money from you fashionable closet! Here at FlairTRADE, we are looking for your gently worn, quality designer clothing and accessories for ladies and gentlemen. We accept mid-level mall (Loft, Ann Taylor, Talbots, White House Black Market, etc…), high-end and designer brands that have been available in stores during the past THREE years (with the exception of select luxury designer handbags). Find our Brand Guidelines here.
New to Consignment? Need to brush up on the basics?Here are the Who, What, Where, When and How to consign your items with us. Find our Five Basics to Consigning here.
Easy Tips To Follow
- All items must be laundered, pressed and on hangers
- Please inspect items for any staining, rips, missing buttons, broken zippers, etc.. as we will be unable to consider them
- Give your shoes a quick wipe down and a polish to spruce them up. Make sure to bend them and scan for any dry rotting (hey, it happens)
- Inspect handbags, cases and pockets for any personal items, dust bunnies, loose change (You wouldn’t believe the goodies we find)
- Place shoes, handbags and accessories in a tub, basket, bin or tote bag to keep your items together in the consignment area.
- Polish any sterling silver and stones to make them shine! Inspect pieces for any missing stones or broken clasps.
So Now What?Consignment is OPEN Monday- Friday 10:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M and the 1st Saturday of every month from 10:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. (except on holidays.) NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY! Drive around into the back parking lot at the dry cleaner and drive straight to the BLACK and RED FlairTRADE door. No need to knock, just walk in! Always allow 30 minutes to diligently inspect your items and we ask you do not arrive past 4:30 P.M.
- Please allow up to 7 business days to price your items. Once items are priced you will be able to see them in your online account and they will be placed properly on the sales floor. Many items are selected to be featured on our online store and/or our live videos on social media.
- As a consignor, you have FULL access to your account online at anytime at NO extra charge.
- Our consignment period is 63 days.
- Consignors receive 40% of the selling price.
- Money can be accessed in THREE ways:
- Cash up to $30.00 anytime the store is open,
- Any amount, at any time, as store credit which earns an additional 10%, or
- Checks are cut on the 1st of the month on accounts that Are over $50.00. Checks are available within 7 business days.
What Season Are We In?
TRANSITIONAL SPRINGWell, we may not be getting much of a winter here in North Carolina. Typically, we begin transitioning into early Spring February 1st BUT due to the warmer temperatures we are beginning now. So, what does that mean?
Tops: Full length, ¾ length and short sleeve tops in brighter colors and patterns with a lighter weight. Lightweight sweaters, cardigans and vest in bright colors.
Bottoms: Full length pants, jeans and long skirts. Which we are very selective on.
Activewear: Full and capri length pants/leggings, long sleeve tops, jackets and sneakers for activewear.
Shoes: Flats, casual sneakers, open toe wedges, closed toe slingbacks, loafers, booties.
We are no longer accepting coats, jackets, winter accessories (hats, scarfs, etc…) tall boots, heavy sweaters, heavy weight cardigans, wool, sweaters. Dark color tops. We do not take prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses or wedding gowns.
*Please remember we take these selectively based on style and demand. We do not accept real fur, only faux fur.
WE NEED YOUR MENSWEAR!
Tops: Long sleeve casual tops, light weight sweaters and pullovers, and polo tops in brighter plaids and colors. Windbreakers and lightweight jackets.
Athletic Wear: Long pants, short sleeve and tank tops, popover style tops. Golf wear!
Bottoms: Full length pants and denim. Shoes: Sneakers, oxfords,and loafers