Here’s The ScoopOur goal is to help you make the most money from you fashionable closet! Here at FlairTRADE, we are looking for your gently worn, quality designer clothing and accessories for ladies and gentlemen. We accept mid-level mall (Loft, Ann Taylor, Talbots, White House Black Market, etc…), high-end and designer brands that have been available in stores during the past THREE years (with the exception of select luxury designer handbags). Find our Brand Guidelines here.
New to Consignment? Need to brush up on the basics?Here are the Who, What, Where, When and How to consign your items with us. Find our Five Basics to Consigning here.
Easy Tips To Follow
- All items must be laundered, pressed and on hangers
- Please inspect items for any staining, rips, missing buttons, broken zippers, etc.. as we will be unable to consider them
- Give your shoes a quick wipe down and a polish to spruce them up. Make sure to bend them and scan for any dry rotting (hey, it happens)
- Inspect handbags, cases and pockets for any personal items, dust bunnies, loose change (You wouldn’t believe the goodies we find)
- Place shoes, handbags and accessories in a tub, basket, bin or tote bag to keep your items together in the consignment area.
- Polish any sterling silver and stones to make them shine! Inspect pieces for any missing stones or broken clasps.
So Now What?Consignment is OPEN Monday- Friday 10:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M and the 1st Saturday of every month from 10:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. (except on holidays.) APPOINTMENTS ARE NOW NECESSARY TO ENSURE SOCIAL DISTANCING! You can book on our Appointments Page of our website found here. Drive around into the back parking lot at the dry cleaner and drive straight to the BLACK and RED FlairTRADE door. No need to knock, just walk in! Always allow 30 minutes to diligently inspect your items and we ask you do not arrive past 4:30 P.M.
- Please allow up to 7 business days to price your items. Once items are priced you will be able to see them in your online account and they will be placed properly on the sales floor. Many items are selected to be featured on our online store and/or our live videos on social media.
- As a consignor, you have FULL access to your account online at anytime at NO extra charge.
- Our consignment period is 63 days.
- Consignors receive 40% of the selling price.
- Money can be accessed in THREE ways:
- Cash up to $30.00 anytime the store is open,
- Any amount, at any time, as store credit which earns an additional 10%, or
- Checks are cut on the 1st of the month on accounts that Are over $50.00. Checks are available within 7 business days.
What Season Are We In?
Currently, we are accepting FALL consignments.
WINTER- Will begin October 1st.
Our day-to-day routine might be different these days but our LOVE for FALL fashion is strong! CASUAL is key! What we are wearing has been streamlined into a more casual, laid back wardrobe and we want to accept pieces we are confident will sell. Due to current events of more working from home, virtual learning and smaller affairs, we want to take what you are also looking for!
Some of our best selling brands for ladies in fall are Chico’s, White House Black Market, Loft, Ann Taylor, Free People, and Banana Republic.
The Pantone Fall/Winter colors for 2020 are: Amberglow, Samba, Sandstone, Classic Blue, Green Sheen, Rose Tan, Ultramarine Green, Fired Brick, Peach Nougat and Magenta Purple. The BEST part is 4 Classic Core Colors have been highlighted: Almond Oil, Blue Depths, Sleet and a MUST HAVE - Military Olive.
For more information on this, please visit https://www.pantone.com/color-intelligence/fashion-color-trend-report/new-york-autumn-winter-2020-2021
Tops: Long sleeve tops in darker fall shades and patterns BUT STILL with a light to medium weight. Sleeveless faux leather vests and tops. Lightweight cardigans and layering pieces.
On October 1st we will add heavy weight sweaters and jackets.
Bottoms: Full length pants, jeans and long & short skirts in fall colors and patterns. Please remember that we do take pants and bottoms selectively.
Activewear: Capri and full length pants/leggings, short sleeve and long sleeve tops, windbreakers, light jackets, pop- overs and sneakers.
Shoes: Flats, casual sneakers, slingbacks, heels, pep toe, mules and ankle booties.
October 1st we will begin to take closed toed shoes and tall boots, we will no longer take slingbacks, peep toe, and mules.
We are no longer accepting shorts, tank tops, sandals, flip flops, swimwear, and bright colored accessories.
Although we will take some casual dresses, we are currently not accepting any special occasion or formal dresses.
We do not accept prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses or wedding gowns at any time.
WE NEED YOUR MENSWEAR!
Some of our best selling brands for gentlemen in fall are J. Crew, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, Greg Norman and Peter Millar.
Selectively accepting Men’s suits and sport coats.
Tops: Long & short sleeve casual tops, and polo tops in darker shades, plaids and patterns.
Athletic Wear: Long pants, shorts, short and long sleeves, and golf wear!
Bottoms: Full length casual pants and denim.
Shoes: Sneakers, oxfords, loafers and boots.